Sunday, October 12, 2008

Her umbilical cord is gone!

For as much as I wanted it to fall off, I'm a little sad. It's her first little step in growing up! Cliff was changing her diaper on Friday (10/10) and noticed that it was ready to come off. It was hanging be a thread and as he was looking at it, it came off. She slept right through it...such a good baby! Her little belly button is just too cute now!

She was 2 weeks old yesterday...can you believe it!? I cannot. She is gaining weight and filling out and changing each day. Did I post anything about her first drs appt? Can't remember, but if I didn't...she gained a whole pound during her first week at home! She had lost to 7lb 2 oz in the hospital and weighed 8 lb 2 oz at the dr last Wednesday (11 days old).

Papa Rod is here today for a visit, so I'm getting caught up on some housework. I'm obviously busy at it now...can you tell?! :-) I'm finally starting to feel much more human, so if you'd like to come for a visit, let me know. My only request is that you are healthy (please don't bring any flu bugs in my house) and you're not around any sick people before you come over. If your family is sick or has been sick recently...do me a favor and just wait. I'd really like to make it through the flu/RSV season with nothing major. I was a basket case to bring home a healthy baby. I can't imagine what I'll be like the first time she is sick!

Gotta get some work done around here...talk soon!

-kate

No comments: