Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Please pray that we survive!

AnnaJo was not feeling well last week - cough, cold, congestion and possibly pink eye. The daycare was convinced about the pink eye, so I had to keep her home a few days last week. Vegas was also sick - Vestibular disease and an inner ear infection. Ultimately, the poor dog couldn't walk straight and couldn't stand up. We thought he had meningitis and were preparing for the worst when we took him to the vet. He was not eating either - which is totally unlike him. SO....we brought his food upstairs. For some reason, we failed to remember to put it up after offering it to him. While I was in the office, I heard the dreaded sound....the entire bowl of food hitting the floor, piece by piece. This is what I found in the kitchen. My first instinct was to get mad, but then i realized this was a great picture opportunity and it was my fault for not putting the food up, away from her. Needless to say, we have our hands full!

AnnaJo got in trouble at daycare yesterday - pulling hair and hitting. We're supposed to be reinforcing - hands are for hugs! I'm sure she is thinking exactly that as she tries ripping off our lips and ears. :-) I've tried spanking, smacking her hands, telling her no and even tried time-out. To no avail, she continues to hit, pull hair, throw her cup on the floor, throw her food on the floor and play with the tv buttons. And now when I tell her no, she signs it right back to me with her little fingers pinched together.

So....please pray that we all survive what appears to be the terrible 2's starting a little bit early.

1 comment:

BHP said...

I hear the threes are even worse :) Brenner continues to challenge us but wouldn't life be boring without them!