Monday, March 17, 2008

First OB appt

I promised an update...some of you already saw a text message today, but I wanted to keep everyone informed. We had our first OB appt today with our normal OB. The other appts have been with our fertility dr. Anyway, the baby is doing fine, but my cervix is changing quite a bit. It is half the length that it is supposed to be and it's starting to dilate. Needless to say, dr trumbower was not a happy camper. He is doing a cervical cerclage tomorrow afternoon. For those of you who do not know, that means he will put in a double stitch to keep my cervix closed and keep me from going into pre-term labor. As of today, we are 11 weeks, 2 days along.

I'll let you know how everything goes tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about the anesthesia - it's a spinal block instead of general anasthesia. Other than that, I'm fine. Except for not being able to eat after midnight and my appt at the hospital isn't until noon tomorrow. I"m a little nervous about that too! :-)

Keep us in your prayers! Love you all!

No comments: