Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Week 26 appt was very good...what a great birthday present to me! AnnaJo measured in at 2 pounds 2 ounces today. Her arms are longer than her legs! She is her Daddy's girl already. If you've never noticed, Cliff has monkey arms, so I'm not surprised that she does too. I imagine she will be a good ball player like her Dad too. On her ultrasound today we could see that she is growing quite a bit of hair! Cliff and I were both bald babies, so I can't imagine her having a head of hair, but it would be welcomed! Trum was pleased with my progress this week too...my cervix was about half a centimeter shorter today, but he said that it was typical for how far along I am. I'll be 27 weeks on Saturday! I can't believe it! I also can't believe that I'll be 30 years old on Friday. 30 years old and still on bedrest...how sad. :-) OR I can think about it like this....30 years old and expecting a beautiful baby girl in a few months...very lucky! Sounds better, right? I'll go with that one. Makes me feel better anyway! At least I'll be relaxing on a raft in a pool for my birthday...much better than being in the hospital!

Hope everyone has a fun 4th of July planned! Have a drink for me and enjoy a great display of fireworks. I think I'll have Cliff rent a movie or two that night so I don't have to deal with the crowd downtown. I'm hoping we can get back to our fireworks tour next year...baby girl in tow! Let's hope she doesn't react the same way I did to fireworks! Talk about sad...a fourth of July baby that was deathly afraid of fireworks. My whole family will tell you that I hid under tables, beds, whatever would shelter me from the noise. I remember sitting in the bed of a pickup truck with ear muffs on on July 4 so I didn't have to hear the loud ones. What a little nerd I was! And yes, i said WAS. Cliff would tell you differently, but don't believe him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

14 days later and still nothing... how am I suppose to keep up with you and AnnaJo???