Monday, March 2, 2009

First day of daycare

Oh my goodness...this was the hardest morning I've has as a Mom. I had to take AnnaJo to daycare for the first time today. This is the first time that she has stayed with someone who isn't a family member or a super close friend. I told her last night that we were going someplace different this morning. And I told her all about my babysitter, Lyndall Bridges, and how much I loved her. The kids there were very excited to see her and she was very curious about all of them. She did great...all smiles and laughing before I left. Mommy, on the other hand, did not fair so well. I was a crying mess while I was driving to work. I called Cliff and he is having a good day of fishing, but still freezing his toes off! He said that he had to stand in the water this morning just to warm up! Crazy, considering it's Spring-fed water! He is coming home tonight...can't stand to be away from his baby girl for any longer. My...how life has changed!

2 comments:

Andrea Schonhardt said...

I remember those days...its rough...now Riley has her "best friends" at daycare and loves playing with them all day. It will get easier.

Hailey Davison said...

Oh man ... I completely understand what you are going through. Gavins first day I was a complete mess...it gets better though I PROMISE!