Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day! And Yippee!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Father's Day!! Cliff enjoyed his first Father's Day. Can you guess what he did? Of course you can...he fished. Unfortunately he didn't catch, but there is a reason they don't call it that. He was home by noon, in time to take me to the pool for an hour before it started raining. I stayed in bed while he was out and I have to say it was a little rough. I'm a big fan of the Today Show and even watch it on the weekends. Sunday was terribly sad, as they had another tribute to Tim Russert on the Today Show and then on Meet the Press. I spent most of the morning in tears. I'm sure the added hormones didn't help much, but it really was a very sad day for the world of politics and journalism. At one point I had to remind myself to breathe through all the tears. From the conversation between his friends and colleagues, he was an incredible person and an unbelievable father.

We also celebrated Gary's 60th birthday on Sunday night. It was a shocker to him, but it was a good time. Eventhough I spent the evening in the recliner, it was very nice to have a change of scenery. The food was fabulous, but the company was even better! A large portion of Cliff's family was there and we had a good time visiting. Mom and Jim even joined us for dinner and it's always fun to combine the families like that. I imagine once this little girl gets here, we will be doing that often!

And a big yippee for making it to week 24!!! That's the first big milestone for this bedrest! My next appt is tomorrow afternoon, so i'm hoping for more great news! Keep your fingers crossed and I"ll keep you posted afterwards!

No comments: