Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A thought about evolution & adaptation

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Big Bang believer. I am quite confident that the Earth was created in 7 days by God. HOWEVER, I do believe in evolving and adapting to your environment over a period of time. For example, some smart person believes that in the future our thumbs will be bigger because of all the texting that we are doing. Here's a thought...at one point, the hair covering our legs served a purpose. I'm pretty sure it was for warmth or something similar. But in 2008, is it really that necessary? Why can't we evolve into less hairy creatures? And what exactly is the purpose of armpit hair? I really don't get it. Here is my big complaint though about irony. Pregnancy has sped up the growth rate of all my hair. I appreciate what's on my head, but pregnant belly makes leg shaving a little more difficult. I've never been a big fan of shaving in the first place and honestly, in the winter I can go for a month without shaving. I know...kind of gross and poor cliff. But the hair on my legs has never been prickly or dark....just looks kind of fuzzy. Pregnancy has changed that too! It's really not quite fair and I don't like it at all. SO if anyone has a theory about how we should evolve into less hairy human beings, I am willing to try just about anything except shaving daily. I will not do that!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Today is dr day...my favorite day of the week. I will fix my hair and put on makeup and look like a normal human being. :-) What a fabulous day!

No comments: