Sunday, September 28, 2008

AnnaJo is here...very LONG day!

I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner, but it has been an exhausting day. AnnaJo finally arrived at 8:26 PM last night by way of a c-section...a c-section that was physically the worst experience I've ever had. We have a beautiful healthy daughter, so overall it turned out well. She is absolutely gorgeous and is such a good baby. She has been breastfeeding very well and she barely ever makes a noise. I know....barely 24 hours into the world...not a fair judgement probably. I'll keep you posted on that I'm sure.

I'm still very exhausted, so I'm keeping it short...Basically the c-section was scheduled for 8:00. Anesthesia switched my epidural to a spinal block and apparently it was bad. I felt the incision the dr made, so they administered a local anesthetic - Ketamine, a dissociative drug that is used freqently in military hospitals. It was the worst drug I've ever taken...made me very disoriented and I still felt the section. I screamed lots and cussed even more....such a sailor, you know. Cliff was there for it all and he was wonderful! At one point, I thought I was dying. It was so scary and I had adrenaline shakes that were terrible! When AnnaJo was here Trum politely told Cliff to go with her to the nursery. After he left, they knocked me out completely to finish the surgery. He ended up opening up my cervix from the inside to make sure it was okay. Good choice about the c-section...my cervix was NOT going to dilate. He had to use some sort of metal instrument to get it open. I woke up in the recovery room and had no clue what was going on. I didn't get to see AnnaJo until after 11:00, but it was worth it. She is gorgeous. It was a very long night and I only ended up getting about 4 hours sleep last night after getting only 4 the night before - I'm tired!


The grandparents and aunt & uncle didn't get to spend any time with her last night, so they came up today and spent all day. We had a few more visitors too, so our room was only empty for about an hour today. I apologize for not answering the phone today - I know everyone has been concerned. To be very honest...I just didn't have the energy to talk much. Thanks for the messages though - I promise to catch up with you soon. Here are her stats and some pics...

AnnaJo (middle name still unknown) Hill

Arrived 8:26 PM - September 27 2008

7 lbs 13 oz - 20 inches long
love to all! - Kate, Cliff & AnnaJo

Check out these feet!


Here is happy Mommy...ignorant and clueless

Here is a very proud Daddy and a nearly dead Mommy in the background!

No comments: